Terms of Business
Who Regulates Us
Onesure Insurance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our FCA register number is 447730. Our permitted business is advising, arranging, dealing as agent and assisting in the administration, performance of general insurance contracts and credit broking. You can check on the FCA's register by visiting the FCA's website www.fca.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0845 6061234.
Our role is to advise you and make suitable recommendation after we have assessed your needs. In situations where we are able to arrange insurance for you but do not offer advice, we will confirm the position in writing. We will not in any circumstances act as an insurer nor guarantee or warrant the solvency of any insurer. Our duty of care is solely to our customers, who are the only persons able to rely upon, or may be affected by, any advice provided by us. We will not take responsibility for anyone else acting upon advice that has not been provided to them directly from us.
- We select private car, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, household, travel, public liability, taxi, motor trade and commercial insurance from a limited range of insurers.
- We offer our legal assistance package from Kingsway Claims Limited.
- We offer our breakdown assistance insurance products from a limited number of providers
- We offer Excess Protect Insurance via Qudos Insurance.
- We offer GAP cover from Jackson Lee Underwriting
What You Pay
We normally receive commission from insurers or product providers, typically this is from 5%-20%. If you wish to know, you may ask us to confirm the exact amount applicable to your policy. We act as a credit broker and offer introductions to Close Brothers Premium Finance to facilitate the payment of your premiums. We may receive commission for this which is typically 11.10%. We also make charges for handling your insurance as follows: -
- Policy arrangement fee: Up to 40% of the insurer's premium or £100 whichever is greater. This is non-refundable in the event of cancellation whether applied at new business or renewal.
- Adjustment/policy alteration fee: £35.00
- Cancellation fee: £50.00 (if cancelled outside of the 14 day cooling off period)
- Administration fee on any letters sent by recorded delivery post - £5.00
- If your policy is voided as a result of misrepresentation or fraud, commission lost as a result of the voidance shall be charged at 20% along with an administration fee of £80.00 and the retention of any arrangement fee applied at the point of sale
- Administration fee of any policy treated as 'Not Taken Up' - £25.00 or the retention of our arrangement fee, whichever is greater
- Administration fee on any refunds issued - £5.00. Any credit due back to you will not be refunded if the value is less than £15
- Administration fee on all MID updates processed via the telephone (Motor Trade policies only) - £10.00
- Administration fee for any bounced/represented cheques - £25.00
- In the event of there being a rebate of premium following an adjustment / cancellation on the insurance policy, we will apply a charge of 20% of the rebate to cover any commission clawback that the insurer(s) may apply. Refunds will only be issued once we receive the monies from the insurers, this can take up to 6 weeks.
- You will be required to pay any debit balances promptly. If you fail to settle a debit balance promptly, we will use any credit/debit card details that you have previously authorised us to use in order to settle the balance. We will notify you of the total premium payable, including any fees, taxes and other charges separate from the premium, prior to the conclusion of your contract.
Handling Client/Insurer Money
We collect and hold money as agent of the insurance undertaking (Risk Transfer). All monies collected are deemed to be held by the insurer with whom we have placed you with.
If your insurance policy is cancelled, either by us or if requested by yourself a cancellation fee of £50.00 will be levied against all policies unless you are replacing your policy through our agency. No fees previously charged by us will be refundable. In addition to the charges levied by us, the terms of your policy may allow insurers to retain the premium in full or to charge short-period premiums in the event of cancellation. Please note that we do not provide any refund for any legal Assistance Packages sold, unless this is within the 14 day cooling off period. You will be required to pay any debit balance. If you fail to settle a debit balance promptly, we will use any credit/debit card details that you have previously authorised us to use, in order to settle the balance.
Conflicts of Interest
Occasions can arise where one of our associated companies, clients or product providers will have a conflict of interest with business being transacted for you. If this happens and we become aware that a potential conflict exists, we will write to you and obtain your consent before we carry out your instructions, and detail the steps we will take to ensure fair treatment.
Complaints and Compensation
It is our intention to provide you with the highest level of customer service at all times, however, if you are not satisfied, please contact our Complaints Officer:-
- In writing: Complaints Dept, Onesure Insurance Ltd, Spitfire House, 142-154 Congleton Road, Talke, Stoke on Trent, ST7 1LX
- By Telephone: 01782 880 140
- By Fax: 0871 734 0304
- By E-mail: [email protected]
If you still remain not satisfied, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service who can be contacted on 0800 023 4 567 or via their website which is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the first £2000 and 90% of the remainder of the claim without any upper limit. For compulsory classes of insurance such as Third Party Motor or Employers Liability, insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim, without any upper limit. Further information about the compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS on 0207 892 7300 or online at www.fcsc.org.uk.
If you arrange insurance with us and pay by monthly direct debit, credit or debit card then for your convenience and protection, where possible we will automatically renew your insurance policies (unless you inform us otherwise). We will write to you before your policy renewal date to remind you of this and to let you know what the revised payments will be. If you are paying instalments via direct debit your first payment will be taken within 14 days of your renewal date. If you previously paid in full by debit or credit card then your payment will be taken in full by any debit or credit card that you previously authorised us to use. If we are unable to offer you with this service then we will write to you to confirm alternative payment methods. For the avoidance of doubt, acceptance of these terms of business constitutes contractual acceptance of this auto renewal process and any consequential renewed policies.
What are Your Responsibilities?
It is your responsibility to provide complete and accurate information, which insurers require in connection with any proposal for insurance cover. This is particularly important before taking out a policy, making a mid term alteration and at renewal, but also applies throughout the life of the policy. You need to ensure that you answer any questions we may ask of you accurately and to the best of your knowledge, failure to do so could result in any potential claims not being paid out by the insurer. You should check all the details on any proposal form or statement of facts and pay particular attention to any declaration that you may be asked to sign. You should read all insurance documents issued to you and ensure that you are aware of the cover, limits and other terms that apply. Particular attention should be paid to any warranties and conditions as failure to comply with them could invalidate your policy. You should take a note of the required procedures in the event of a claim, which will be stated in the policy documentation. Generally insurers require immediate notification of a claim or circumstances that might lead to a claim. You should inform us immediately of any circumstances that may affect the services provided by us or the cover provided by your policy.
If you are unsure about any matter then please contact us for further guidance.
Termination of Authority
You may terminate your contract within 14 days from the conclusion of the contract without penalty. Notice of this termination must be given in writing and will take effect from the date of receipt. Termination is without prejudice to any transactions already initiated which will be completed according to these terms of business unless otherwise agreed in writing. You will be liable to pay for any transactions of adjustments effective prior to termination and we will be entitled to retain all fees or brokerage payable in relation to policies placed by us prior to the date of termination.
Confidentiality of Personal Data
All personal data is treated by us as confidential and is processed in accordance with the relevant legislation. We will not use or disclose personal information without your consent, other than in the normal course of arranging and administering your insurances, except where we are compelled by law (including regulators or law enforcement agencies) to disclose such information. In such instances personal information held by us may be disclosed on a confidential basis, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, to such third parties.
Version : 13.04.2016 V7